Point your Browser to the Web address http://192.168.1.254 to display the modem/router internal Home Page. In the menu on the left, click “Thomson Gateway”. Below the information on the section “Thomson Gateway”, is another section “Pick a task…”. Click on the link “Set Up”, to launch the “Welcome to the Thomson Gateway Easy Setup” wizard in a pop-up menu. Click “Next” to go to the “Service Selection” page. Choose “Broadband – Static IP” if you have been provided with a static IP address.
(1) Enter the following:
- Your Static IP address (as notified by Cyta UK)
- Subnet mask 255.255.248.0
- Gateway IP address (as notified by Cyta UK)
(2) Click Next to go to the “DNS Settings” screen.
(3) Enter DNS Primary and Secondary IP addresses as follows:
- Primary DNS 220.127.116.11
- Secondary DNS 18.104.22.168
(4) Click Next to go to the “Start configuration?” screen, where you can review your settings. Click the “Back” button to amend any settings, or press the “Start” button to configure your modem/router. After a couple of minutes, a screen will appear confirming set-up; click the “Finish” button to close the configuration window. You are now ready to surf the internet.
(5) Once your internet connection is working, it is recommended that you save your modem/router set-up as follows:
- Display the Thomson modem’s internal Home Page (http://192.168.1.254)
- From the menu on the left, click the “Thomson Gateway” menu item, and then “Configuration”
- From the “Pick a task…” section at the bottom of the screen, click “Save or Restore Configuration” to go the “Backup & Restore” screen.
- Click the “Backup Configuration Now” button, and save the configuration to your hard disk.
Should you ever need to, the “Restore Configuration Now” button will let you reload a previously saved configuration.